How to do Inner Join in Incorta

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Just add a filter on any of the parent table column and that should make the query run as inner join.

Reply Like 1
  • Hello ,

I am trying to add a filter into a join based on the integer column (id != null ) but after applying it , it returns for entire columns null values.

Can you give me an example for innner joining?

Reply Like
  • Hello Sandu,

To transform a join into an inner join, you will need to add a filter on the parent-table column (e.g. "customer_id") to suppress the nulls in the insight itself. That is, you can add the filter "customer.customer_id not null". For example, if you are doing an inner join between "Sales" and "Customer" tables, a join would show only the records from the "Sales" table where there is a Sales.customer_id with a corresponding "customer_id" in the "customer" table. To transform a join into an inner join, you will need to add a filter on the parent-table column (e.g. "customer_id") to suppress the nulls in the insight itself. That is, you can add the filter "customer.customer_id not null". In the example above, this would show only the records from the "Sales" table where there is a Sales.customer_id with a corresponding "customer_id" in the "customer" table.

Reply Like
  • Hi,

It is worth pointing out that Ahmed's suggestion is at the Insight or Dashboard level.  Sandu, are you attempting to add this filter on your join definition?  If you are, you may need to define the join filter slightly differently than using the "!=" operator.

Thanks,
    Dan

Reply Like
  • Hi Dan,

Yes , I am trying to add the filter on the join definition layer,  but instead of removing the null values the filter it returning me null values for the entire column which i used in the filter condition(ID column it s an interger datatype) . Please see the screenshot attached.

Thanks!

Reply Like
    • Sandu Catalin  Can you instead do ID > 0 as the join filter ?

Reply Like
Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 yr agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 508Views
  • 5 Following