IBM Informix datasources are not supported out-of-the-box, so a workaround is to define it as a custom datasource using IBM Informix JDBC driver.
Incorta 2.x and 3.x
Download Informix JDBC driver. Driver Information:
Required File(s): ifxjdbc.jar
Java Driver Class: com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver
Incorta Schema Wizard is not supporting importing from Informix. Schema wizard can list Informix objects, but the following error appears when trying to import selected objects.
Table Error: Table [Sysams] has an error.
INC_005004001: Failed retrieving columns from [columns] at [Informis_ds] due to [java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: A syntax error has occurred.] with properties jdbc:informix-sqli://localhost:9090/sysuser:informixserver=ol_informix1210
Instead, the user is required to import objects and joins manually one by one.
To use Informix with incorta you need to:
- Copy ifxjdbc.jar to $INCORTA_HOME/server/lib/
- Add a custom datasource as follows:
- Data Source: Custom
- Data Source Name: <a name of your choice>
- Username: <informix user name>
- Password: < Informix user password>
- Connection Pool: 30 (default)
- Driver Class: com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver
- Connection String:
- On the “Schemas and Session Variables” explorer:
- Select Schemas table
- Click (+) -> Create Schema
- Give it a name
- On the Schema page, Click (+) -> Table -> SQL Database
- On the Data Source Window, select the following:
- Data Source: Informix Data source name, e.g. Informix_DS
- Fetch Size: 5000 (default)
- Query: a SQL query to select a DB object, example:
select * from sysauth;
- Click Save
- Import other tables and views as needed
- Define joins manually