Incorta Analytics Version 4.3+ Release Notes
Welcome to the latest features, enhancements, and main fixes in version 4.3.
Release notes for the 4.2 branch are here.
The following issues were fixed in this release:
- Dashboards. Fixed an issue where the following message displayed while rendering dashboards: "System Error. Please ask Administrator to check the log files."
- Dashboards. Fixed an issue where date values were not formatted correctly in the filter pill after creating a dashboard with a date formula, assigning default values, then refreshing.
- Dashboards. Fixed an issue where dashboards migrated from from v3.3.1 to v4.2.6 did not load and displayed an error.
- Formulas. Fixed an issue where formula columns removed from the schema still displayed in dashboards.
- Materialized View. Fixed an issue where creating a materialized view on a remote table displayed an error.
- Schema. Fixed an issue where opening the runtime filter, selecting a field on the left panel, switching the operator to "Is Descendant," and then clicking on any level changed the operator back to "In."
- Schema. Fixed an issue where running a full data load on a schema displayed the error, "Failed to Create Loader Job."
- Note that exported objects from one Incorta Analytics version are not compatible with older versions.
- Critical prerequisites are needed for 4.3 Windows installation/upgrade. Learn more
What's new in 4.3
|Performance||Enhanced extraction of large tables - That is, in-parallel query execution for extracting data from Oracle and MySQL data sources, leading to significant performance enhancement during the extraction process.|
|Compaction||Parquet Compaction Performance - A new compaction algorithm option helps improve the compaction time for large tables (up to 2 billion rows), especially during an incremental update.|
|Data Sources & Data Files||Data source connector SDK - The new connector SDK framework provides flexibility to add and create new data source connectors without having to wait for a new release or upgrade.|
|Hive connector for remote tables - Connect to ORC, Parquet and CSV files in HDFS data lakes as remote tables without loading them in memory, enabling you to use them seamlessly with other tables to build materialized views. This feature also allows connecting other BI tools (e.g. Tableau) to Incorta and use that data through Incorta.|
|CMC||Memory Monitor - Monitor the memory usage for live analytics and loader services right in the CMC UI.|
|Enhanced CMC authentication - Incorta Analytics 4.3 includes an enhanced CMC authentication method and new login screen.|
|Display available disk space for tenants path in the CMC UI - View the available disk space for each tenant when creating one, and corresponding to each tenant under the Tenants tab in the CMC UI.|
|Schemas||New Schema Wizard - Create schemas using with the redesigned schema wizard with a simple layout, making it more intuitive to create schemas using existing tables and custom SQL queries.|
|Fix Query Plan - Fix a join path for a specific Insight in a specific tenant, so that it is not affected by changes in tables or respective joins.|
|Preview schemas sample column data - Take a sneak peek at your column data while creating a schema in the schema wizard, or in the table details page of physical or business schemas.|
|Security||New user and group security management UI - Create users, groups, and manage security privileges through the face-lifted security section of the web application.|
|Dashboards & Insights||Create data alerts from the dashboard - Set a data alert for an Insight right from within the dashboard containing that Insight.|
|Convert charts to table Insights for viewer users - Convert a chart data visualization into a table in a dashboard, without requiring an Analyzer privilege to edit the Insight.|
|Display the equivalent SQL queries - View the equivalent SQL queries for table Insights, tables in schema wizards, and Materialized Views.|
|Export and import all of your catalog content - Export all of your dashboards and folders from the "Content" page of the web application all at once, to either migrate your work from one environment to another or simply use it as a backup.|
|External BI tools||In-App guidance to connect to external BI tools - This release includes a trial for in-app guidance to connect to Tableau, MicroStrategy, PowerBI, or Excel.|
- Change Zookeeper's minimum session timeout - Incorta Analytics 4.3 reduces Zookeeper's minimum session timeout from 90,000 to only 2,000. Learn more
- The CMC does not need to be up and running for Admins to reset their passwords.
- The HTTP ports are mandatory for loader services to start. (Loader HTTP ports are used for internal communications between nodeAgents and loader services.)
- When upgrading from 4.0 thru 4.2.x to 4.3, It is important to upgrade the metadata database using the following:
- Go to the "cd <IncortaInstallation>/cmc/tmt/" directory.
- Run the command: "./tmt.sh -clnm <ClusterName> -umd".