Third party tools can connect to Incorta data using Incorta's SQL interface via a Postgres JDBC driver. Incorta currently does not support 100% of PostGres SQL but covers a large portion of it and will continue to support more as the interface is enhanced with each release.
The details below outline how to connect at a high level:
- Server: <name or IP of the Incorta server>
- Port: <Incorta SQL interface port, default=5436>
- Database: <name of Incorta tenant, e.g. demo>
- Authenticate: "Username and Password"
- Username: <user name you use to login to Incorta via web browser>
- Password: <password you use to login to Incorta via web browser>
There is also a KB article that goes into great detail on how to connect Tableau to Incorta : https://incorta.forumbee.com/t/80jlx0/connecting-tableau-desktop-to-incortaReply
Following query works on 1st execution. 2nd query errors with following response. Adding a condition that varies each query works. Seems to be some caching issue?
Failed to get data: Unsupported binary encoding of date.
O1."Id" AS "ID",
O1."CloseDate" AS "CLOSEDATE"