Incorta installation steps for AWS Linux environment
1. Download JDK RPM Package:
Sign in to AWS instance as a root user and download JDK using following command:
wget --no-check-certificate --no-cookies --header "Cookie: oraclelicense=accept-securebackup-cookie" http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/8u131-b11/d54c1d3a095b4ff2b6607d096fa80163/jdk-8u131-linux-x64.rpm
You can also download JDK from Oracle Website to your local machine and transfer it to the server via any known method ( scp, winscp, ftp, sftp, ... etc )
In this example, we have used JDK 8_131. It's certified to work well with any Incorta release.
2. Install JDK:
As a root user or via sudo run this command:
rpm -Uvh <JDK_RPM_FILE>
Execute this command from the same location (folder) where you downloaded JDK.
3. Create OS user:
As a root user run this command to create incorta user:
4. Switch to incorta user and add JAVA_HOME entry to profile file:
Follow these steps:
- Run this command to switch to Incorta user:
su - incorta
- Open profile file for editing:
- Add following entry to the file:
replace <JDK_INSTALLATION_PATH> with jdk path in your server. Example: /usr/java/jdk1.8.0_131/
- Save, exit and run following command:
Now you're ready to download and install Incorta.
Once you have done all the prerequisite setup, you can download Incorta installer zip to install Incorta. After you unzip Incorta installer zip, you will have access to Incorta install guide pdf with instructions on how to install Incorta. You can also view following video to learn how to install Incorta:
5. Edit AWS instance Security Groups:
This step is important to enable Incorta URL accessing from other machines over internet.
- Determine the ports you'll use with Incorta installation.
For Example, Incorta port 9080
- Open your AWS console, click on Services and click on EC2 from Compute section,
- Click on Running Instances:
- Click on your instance. Machine details will appear as shown below. Click on the first link under Security groups:
- Click on Inbound tab and then press Edit:
- Current opened ports will appear, Click on Add Rule to Add Incorta port:
- Add your port as shown and click save:
This will open up the port and allow you to access Incorta using the specified port.
You can restrict URL access to one or more machines by adding the target machines IP to the entry in the last screenshot.