Enabling the Incorta Mapping Insight to Integrate with Google Maps
The Incorta "Map" and "Map Bubble" insights can allow users to hone in on particular points (aka. geocodes, aka. lat-long combinations) on the earth. These map insights integrate with Google Maps to display the points on the map with this precision.
There are a few setup steps required to allow this integration to occur.
2) Add the Google Map API key to the Incorta Admin UI.
- Point your browser to http://<incortaserver>:<incortaport>/incorta/admin and login with your admin un and pw you specified during install.
- Navigate to the "Tenants" tab, select your tenant (e.g. company) and go to the "Miscellaneous" section. Paste in your generated key from step 1. Click [Save]
- Note this does not require an Incorta restart, but does require that you log out and log back in again.
3) Create a "geocode" field on your Incorta table, if you don't already have one. Your geocode field must be of the format <lat>, <long>. Commonly, I have lat and long in different fields and have to create a formula column on my table to concatenate them appropriately: concat(schemaName.tableName.Latitude, ', ', schemaName.tableName.Longitude)
4) Setup your Map Insight with this new geocode field. Drag your "geocode" field into the grouping dimension and the metric you want to plot for the measure. Specify "Latitude, Longitude" in the drop down. Profit!