cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RADSr
Captain
Captain

I've been looking at data notifications and find real value in the idea.    

It would be better if I could just schedule the dashboard to be sent whenever it a) returns data or b) returns data meeting a specified criterion  rather than having to create another insight w/in the data notification.

An alternate would be to default opening the referenced tab in the data condition box.

There would obviously need to be some flexibility to choose an insight w/in a tab but it would be better and much more intuitive to base the condition on something already used for analysis instead of creating a new( and potentially complex  condition*

*  reproducing complex <nouns> manually is an invitation for errors and the ability to point to a single original source would be preferable.  

3 Comments
Status changed to: Needs Info
Sally_Hammady
Employee
Employee

Hi @RADSr, thank you for your submission! This actually comes at a perfect timing as we're working on some enhancements to our Data Notifications 🙂

I'm curious to know whether you've tried to "Set Alert" on an insight level.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 1.39.05 PM.png

In this case, the analyzer view is pre-populated with the insight's dataset, measures & dimensions. You'd need to add the conditions (in filters) upon which you want'd your report to be sent. The report received would include the whole tab, same as if you're creating the notification from the Scheduler. 

Give this a try and let me know your feedback.

Another question: Is there a case where you'd want to send a dashboard, rather than a tab?

RADSr
Captain
Captain

@Sally_Hammady  I had not tried that and now that I have I see that it is exactly what I wanted to do!   Thank you! 

In answer to your second question... yes!   Anything that makes the logical exploration path to resolve / act upon the alert more accessible and intuitive will be valuable.   

Status changed to: Prioritized
Sally_Hammady
Employee
Employee

@RADSr thank you for your feedback!

This has now been prioritized since we're currently working on making the whole data notification experience more consistent, with dataset, measures & conditions pre-populated (regardless of which flow you use), amongst a few other enhancements. 

For the different reports: Dashboards, Tabs, Insights, this is not currently on our roadmap, so I suggest you submit a new idea, and we'll revisit it.