cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shashidhar_sris
Partner
Partner

Hi Team,

Based on our past experience on operational and historical reporting, creation of multiple same visuals with different detailed data based on categories is highly used common insight in any BI tools. 

I recommend, Incorta can create such kind of insight that will help all our customers to display detailed or summary data.

I am attaching images for your reference.

Regards,

Shashidhar.S

6 Comments
Status changed to: Needs Info
JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, Sashindhar - I have a few questions based on my understanding of your needs. It looks like you want one insight burst during development based on unique values from a dimension (in this case a riskcategory). How many unique values would you expect? Since this is achievable by adding individual filters on a per insight basis, is it function op optimizing time? Or is there a pain point you are experiencing otherwise? 

shashidhar_sris
Partner
Partner

Hi JoeM,

Categories(Ex: Region, Country, Product Category etc) may be in hundreds. We need to display details of each category with header followed by detailed in a tabular visual or could be a chart.

If we have 100 categories, creating 100 visuals with individual filter is a labourious task. Hence if we have a sectioning(Breaking with category headers) feature on visuals, will help to achieve solution for this use case. For reference, please refer earlier attached images.

Regards,

Shashidhar.S

JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, @shashidhar_sris  - I definitely see the complication of this becoming quite laborious! Today we have performance recommendations in place to not exceed 10-15 visuals on a per-tab basis within Incorta. Something like this potentially tax the analytics engine, but I'm certainly not an expert on the caveats of a feature like this. Adding @Prince on the PM team to review this idea. 

shashidhar_sris
Partner
Partner

Sure JoeM.

Thank you.

SivaSugali
Partner
Partner

@JoeM - I think performance recommendations (not exceed 10-15 visuals) per page is for summary data. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

as per @shashidhar_sris , the use case would be for sectioning the data on one insight. Be it could be Aggregated table or any chart. Repeating the detail table based on grouped/sectioned dimension marked in Blue in below image. Red highlighted area is the table like Aggregated table insight repeats the insights with common column headers, but with different data as per category.

SivaSugali_0-1694454723879.png

Status changed to: Accepted
awarrier
Employee
Employee