cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlawal
Ranger

Hello,

There is a situation where we would like to store a KPI into a temporarily variable, i.e. a KPI linked to a variable(single value), this variable can then be used with Insights in a dashboard. The scope will be only for a specific dashboard (with insights) as oppose to a session variables or less flexible presentation variable. For example the variable can be used as part of a title or in story telling presentation on insights.

Thanks

/david

1 Comment
ZachBreimayer
Employee
Employee

The presentation variable may well be exactly what you need, review my comments on the post linked below. This may clarify a few things that may be helpful, different use case but similar approach is what I would use if I understand your ask. Use a MV to curate the KPI, define that as the field for your presentation variable. As illustrated in the example if you use '$$' before the variable name in the column label and/or insight title then  it will render the variable itself as illustrated below.

Post I would recommend reviewing: https://community.incorta.com/t5/dashboards-analytics-discussions/dynamic-tables-amp-saved-column-gr...

ZachBreimayer_0-1681486543288.pngZachBreimayer_1-1681486572923.png

Regards,

Zach