cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KailaT
Employee Alumni
Employee Alumni

Each month get excited to learn from an Incorta subject-matter expert and experienced industry professionals from every department of the organization.

For this month’s Employee Spotlight, say hello to Luke Gardner (@LukeG) , Sales Engineer.

You’ve seen him in the community writing expert best practice articles, let’s learn a little bit more about Luke.

KailaT_0-1667920362899.png

Tell us a little bit about your role. What is your expertise? How long have you been working at Incorta? 

I work on the presales team as a Sales Engineer helping future Incorta customers learn about the platform through product demonstrations, use case discussions, and by solving business problems that contribute to the success of our customers.

I joined Incorta in April 2022 with roughly three years of experience as a Sales Engineer. In previous roles I focused on process automation, data analytics, and data science starting with Excel and eventually using Python, Alteryx, Tableau, and many other supporting tools. As a Sales Engineer, I can leverage technical skills socially by working with customers, partners, and colleagues on a daily basis.

Do you have a favorite Incorta feature? 

The notebooks are my favorite feature of Incorta because it allows users to write in a programming language of their choice. I learned python while at Auburn University and have used it effectively throughout my career. The integration allows users to read data, transform data, build and deploy machine learning models, communicate with other applications outside of Incorta, and more.

The flexibility offered with this feature lets users creatively build solutions to solve just about any business/data problem all within one platform.

In your opinion, what is one thing Incorta customers can do to optimize their experience? 

Spend some time each week in the Incorta community to learn about new product features, see what other users are accomplishing, and see what questions others have. It’s a great way to learn something new or provide any tips and tricks you learned during your own journey.

If you’re someone who feels comfortable with the platform, but want to have a deeper understanding of how everything works, take one of the online courses through learn.incorta.com. Our instructors provide lots of detail for business users, analysts, and administrators.

Talking about Incorta customers, what are some resources all Incorta customers should have in their toolkit? 

I learn best with videos and we have an awesome playlist of demos and tutorials on youtube. It’s called Incorta Demos and Tutorials, and it is best for those just getting started. Each video is about 3 min long and easy to understand. We also have the Getting Started Guide from our official documentation site.

For users who understand Incorta, but want to learn more, I would recommend using the Best Practices Article Index. Here you can learn about features and use cases that may not have been considered before with detailed articles, images, GIFs, and videos.

Moving away from Incorta-based questions, let’s talk about some personal interests. What are some things you like to do in your spare time?

I really enjoy spending time with friends and family over good food, music, and sports. It’s been easy to find all three in Dallas, TX where I have lived for the last few years.

To stay active, I run a few times a week while listening to music, and spending time outdoors. This year, I developed an appreciation for trail running and mountain hiking/climbing. Most recently in Guatemala and Arizona with an upcoming trip planned to Grand Teton National Park.

That’s it from Luke! Be sure to check out some of the resources mentioned and stay tuned for future Employee Spotlight!