cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a personalized Insight be sent via email?

RADSr
Captain
Captain

OK - I'm all about the probably easy questions today  😉 

I've got a dashboard which I want to schedule and send via email ( PDF format ).   --  can do.

I personalize an insight to only include columns relevant to the email recipient list and want to schedule and send -- can *not* do?      

I did search the cloud documentation for "personalization" which did return results, but none of which mentioned this seeming limitation.

Make me say "Doh!"    Is this really a limitation or is the "schedule and send" button front and center on my screen and I'm missing it?

-- IncortaOne@PMsquare.com --
5 REPLIES 5

JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RADSr - I'm seeing what you're seeing. I'm asking the team to double-check on their end to see if it is a limitation. 

JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RADSr - I see it is a limitation. There is a feature request over to our engineering team that would resolve this for you. 

LayeredDelay
Employee
Employee

Personalization would require the dashboard to be run for each personalization and that can be different based on user. This is actually something that would come after "Bursting" which doesn't just send a single version of the dashboard, but rather sends it the way the recipient would see the dashboard. We can think about enhancing the bursting capability in the future to take account of personalization. There are no current plans for this though. You could create multiple versions of the dashboard to work around for now and keep those in a folder solely for this purpose of different layouts etc. Thanks for sharing your ideas. 

I should clarify - this would be an author sharing the author's personalized view of the report.  So an aggregated list of 20 columns might be personalized to 5 and then sent.   

The original dashboard remains intact and any scheduling done for it by the original author would include all 20 columns. 

Even scheduled, so long as the report was being run as the author it should render w/ the author's personalization and send the same view to everyone on the distribution list.

It seems like Incorta's already doing the hard work up to and including the rendering of the report, the last mile would just be sharing what's already being created.

-- IncortaOne@PMsquare.com --