cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing values between 2 columns from 2 different tables

Spd_03
Cosmonaut

Hi All,

I'm trying to compare 2 columns which are having 2 different data source. In excel we can use this formula to get the result =VLOOKUP(C2,'[1.xlsx]1_Company 1'!$C$2:$C$106057,1,0). How can we achieve the same in Incorta ??

Example : Table_1 columns(A,B,C) and Table_2 columns(A',B',C'). These both tables might have same values in C column and I need to fetch the same values.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

RADSr
Captain
Captain

It's pretty straightforward if they have a parent-child relationship and you can model the join in the schema.     If not, but they have a logical join structure you can use you could roll an MV.

Still if not so long as you define a key or keys on the table you can use the lookup function and pass the key value(s) => compare the returned value to your first table.   

-- IncortaOne@PMsquare.com --

Hi @RADSr ,

Thank you so much for the reply.
But I don't want to join the tables. Is there a way to achieve it ??

Example : Table_1 columns(A,B,C) and Table_2 columns(A',B',C'). These both tables might have same values in C column and I need to fetch the same values with common A and B column values.

Ruchita
Cosmonaut

As far as i understand your example, you do have one column common in both Table_1 and Table_2. You can try to use the below formula as a work around instead of creating joins.

If you do, then you can use a formula like below to compare:

columnA_new: - if(table_1.C = table_2.C', table_1.A, "none")

columnB_new:- if(table_1.C = table_2.C', table_1.B, "none")