cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter by Date on three different date column

Aravindsekar
Rocketeer

Hey There!

I have filtering requirement, to apply the filter on three date columns, such as received, Approved and Rejected date:

example: When user select between particular date, filter should apply on three date column as stated above, if either of the condition is passed the data should be displayed.

User select: 1-Aug-23 to 31-Aug-23, system should display all records which are received or approved or rejected on these dates.

Could you please help me on this scenario, im new to incorta tool with no Analytics background.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

johnmanitaras
Cosmonaut

Hi @Aravindsekar 

I would use prompts to capture user input for the start and end date and then write a formula in 'applied filters' which refers to those variables

shashidhar_sris
Partner
Partner

Hi Aravindsekar,

1)Please Create presentation variables for start date and end date.

2) Use above two variables in the individual filter formula.

or(
    between(
        Shashi_Test.Sample_Store.Received_Date, 
        $pv_start_date, 
        $pv_end_date
    ), 
    between(
        Shashi_Test.Sample_Store.Rejected_Date, 
        $pv_start_date, 
        $pv_end_date
    ), 
    between(
        Shashi_Test.Sample_Store.Approved_Date, 
        $pv_start_date, 
        $pv_end_date
    )
)

Aravindsekar
Rocketeer

Dear Shashidhar,

Thank You for you response.

I tried your solution ad facing below issue, could you please help!.

I have created presentation variable and after that created individual filter in insights, when I try to create formula filter and validate,  below error message appeared.

Aravindsekar_0-1694090959100.png

Hi Aravindsekar,

Looks like your presentation variables are of string type. please change it to date type so it has to match with the column name type(received, rejected, approved date)

Regards,

Shashidhar.S