cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating Schemas

mrossPM2
Partner
Partner

I am seeking advice on the least risky way to duplicate a schema.

Here's the scenario: I am using a data app from Incorta. The company has two separate instances of the ERP, one in the US and one in Japan. Obviously, deploying the data app once will allow me to configure it for one of those countries. I need to find a strategy that will allow me to make an exact duplicate of those schemas, but have them point to the other country's ERP system. Let's assume the multisource feature can't be used because there might be slight differences in the table structures between the two source systems.

My best guess so far is to take exports of everything and manually change the XML. This seems very risky as a single spelling mistake, or missed piece of text that should have been edited, could cause errors in the environment from a corrupted file. Is there some other approach that could be done to eliminate that risk? A button that duplicates the schema and allows you to pick a new name and automatically update all references would be nice, but probably not feasible in a short time frame.

1 REPLY 1

RADSr
Captain
Captain

If you haven't already pls give this a like to boost visibility:  https://community.incorta.com/t5/product-ideas/allow-developers-to-copy-a-schema/idi-p/638

When I first started working with Incorta the XML process I learned was create a new, empty, schema so it would have an ID and then copy the body of the export into that XML.  ( or the header info over the exported XML )  

The saving grace is that by exporting the XML of the original you can always get back to it if things go terribly wrong   😉 

-- IncortaOne@PMsquare.com --