cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period Based Incremental Refresh

Hi Team,

Can anyone explain how to do period-based Incremental load based on the Ship_Date column(Date format. not timestamp)?

In our current ETl tool, we delete the last 3 months(Ship_Date) records from the Data Warehouse table and load the last 3 months' data from the source table. because there will be changes in the last month's data. So we refresh the data daily for the last 3 months based on Ship_Date.

How to achieve this in Incorta load?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

KasiaP
Rocketeer

I have similar use case and I would appreciate an answer from anyone already familiar with Incorta.

JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Maran_Rengasamy  - If I understand, it's not a date format? Could you give a few ship_date sample values? Are you working to keep a full history of records in Incorta or only the last three months?

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your response. The Ship_Date is in Date format(yyyy/mm/dd). Source data is in Oracle DB and the target table is in SQL Server.  Below are some sample dates.

I'm trying to keep the history data(for example 2017/01/01 to today) and try to refresh only the last 3 months' data daily.

2024/04/23
2024/04/18
2024/04/19
2024/03/25
2024/03/21
2024/03/06
2024/03/23
2024/03/15
2024/02/22

RADSr
Captain
Captain

Hi Maran,

[edit] - it's not as complex as my post probably reads  😉    Let me know if you want to jump on a call and walk through it.

As you know Incorta doesn't do deletes, but will update if you do an incremental load and have key columns defined and constraints enforced - so you could set up your incremental query with something like ship_date >= add_days(current_day, -30 ) and let 'er rip.

Alternatively - what I did when faced with a similar situation - was create a couple of tables and an MV:

Table 1:  Historic data - more or less static and does not need to be re-run  ( in my case a full refresh was > 24 hours so I needed to *not* reload static data)

Table 2:  In flux data - in your case the last three months which can be pulled in a full load

MV: Union of the two.   Since the two sources are resident in Incorta this loads really quickly.

I kept Table 1 in a dedicated schema so it was never loaded unless I wanted it to be.   Table 2 and the MV were in my "main" schema because I wanted Incorta to enforce running Table 2 prior to the MV.

-- IncortaOne@PMsquare.com --