cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"inception to date" measure

JoernKessler
Rocketeer

Hello

I am trying to create an inception-to-data measure. This would be similar to year-to-date but across all years in the data. I need this to show the development of Balance sheet numbers (which are in the data as transactional data, so the sum of all transactions up to a certain date is the balance sheet total).

Doing a YTD total is easy enough with the toDate() functions. However I did not find any documentation or discussion for any summation across years.

P.S. I need a measure to be used with Excel add-in and XLCubed/FluenceXL, hence the running total in aggregated tables is not an option.

Thx

2 REPLIES 2

RADSr
Captain
Captain

I'm not 100% clear on your question - maybe do a quick mockup of what you want the output to be? 

I *think* you want to aggregate a measure for all time ( to date ) and then display it with a YTD figure?

If so, you can include all data in the insight, and then use formula columns to derive the measure values.  If you are using an aggregate table you can use  groupBy to determine the level of aggregation:

e.g.   I have an insight grouped by year.  I can drag a measure in and set the aggregation behavior to SUM and I can drag a formula in w/ sum(<measure>, groupBy() ) which will sum for the entire result set and not for the year.     

-- IncortaOne@PMsquare.com --

RADSr
Captain
Captain

Added a dashboard/insight using online store to illustrate the above reply

-- IncortaOne@PMsquare.com --