cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMC login difference between admin and cloud admin

RADSr
Captain
Captain

I know there are ( were? ) some differences in configuration capabilities between logging in as "admin" v "cloud admin" to a CMC.   I *thought* I had asked this on Community before but I'm not seeing it w/ a search so ... perhaps not.  😉 

In any case - are the differences documented somewhere? 

As a bonus question... why the difference?   I've gotten "admin" for some clusters and "cloud admin" for others.    Enquiring minds... 

-- IncortaOne@PMsquare.com --
3 REPLIES 3

JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RADSr - The differences are built 'across' the documentation. Some configurations are not available to the cloud admin in the CMC. These configurations are marked in this document with an asterisk (*).
https://docs.incorta.com/cloud/guides-configure-server#ui-customizations

Thanks @JoeM  - I get some of those ( e.g. log file granularity - although it would be very  helpful to be able to set that when troubleshooting ) but the whole thing seems odd.   I've got admin access on some clusters and cloud admin access on others.   <shrug>    In any case, I appreciate the link!  Thx! 

RADSr
Captain
Captain

I'm going to give this a bump as I've just started a new cluster ( thank you cloud team for the quick turnaround! ) and have the welcome email with "cloud admin" creds?  

I'm willing to accept that there is a tech or operational reason, but it does at first ( and second, third, ... ) blush seem somewhat arbitrary as to who/which cluster gets "admin" v "cloud admin."  

Any notion as to that reasoning?