cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorta DataAgent as a service

kenrinc
Ranger

Hello,

I've successfully installed the Data Agent as a service in Windows Server 2019 but when I start it, I keep getting a "1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion". Error.  The dataagent works fine when it is executed manually.  The command I used to install was: 

sc create "Incorta DataAgent" displayname= "Incorta DataAgent" binpath= "c:\incorta.dataagent\agent.bat -start" start= auto

I seem to remember doing this on another system for another app and had to add a path for the directory for the bin files but it's still unclear if that is needed here.  Any help appreciated.

Ken-

4 REPLIES 4

RADSr
Captain
Captain

"c:\incorta.dataagent\agent.bat -start" 

Do you need the dash in front of start?   If you run it from the command line you don't ...  

No idea if that is or could be the  issue, but might be worth checking out.

-- IncortaOne@PMsquare.com --

Thanks.  You are correct. Didn't seem to make much difference though, continue to get the same 1053: error.  Using the local system account for starting this which is usually the default on these sorts of things.

JeffW
Employee
Employee

Found a few references on internet when searching for 1053 error.  One of them references, or asks, if you are running under CMD or Powershell?  If Powershell, then instead of sc use fully qualified sc.exe.  Also found a pretty cool article about various ways to run as a service ... there are 2 or 3 "native" windows methods mentioned (including sc) and a couple of other methods:  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/415409/run-batch-file-as-a-windows-service

kenrinc
Ranger

Thanks for that. I exhausted that thread.  No movement.  I'll probably pass this back to my IS team as I don't have any more time to spend on this, so they'll probably open a ticket with support.