cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Model

Naruto
Cosmonaut

I have table A(Parent), TableB(Child) and Table C(Parent), im pulling records from Table A and Table C, i have set table b as base field of table c. In the manager filters &Prompts when added field from table A and Table C.

6 REPLIES 6

JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Naruto - thank you for your questions. Would you be able to provide a bit more detail on the issue you are running into? Is the filter/prompt behavior not acting as expected?

Naruto
Cosmonaut

Hi @JoeM ,

Lets take few tables obj_item_A table, obj_inv_item_c, obj_item_B(alias of A) and some other attribute table.

as per the model obj_inv_item is child table for both obj_item_A abd obj_tem_B. In the prompts i have added columns from obj_item_A and obj_item_B but not pulling anything from obj_inv_item.

in the prompt i can see the same data for the fields from both table, as per data data obj_item_b will show only records which obj_inv_id same as obj_item_b_id.

JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

I observed a different behavior, where obj_item_A and obj_item_B showed all values wether or not they were in obj_inv_item. To pull a prompt of only values for each table, I created two new prompts with the case statement:

int(
	case(
		obj_item_A.id = obj_item_inv.id, 
		obj_item_A.id, 
		null()
	)
)

Naruto
Cosmonaut

Hi @JoeM ,

Your suggesting to go with Applied fielted and write the formula. currently that's how i have achived the functionaly.

what i'm looking is in the insight we have option to set base field and at business schema we have option to set base table, if there is any similar approach it would resolve my issue.