cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leading Spaces during Column extraction

srini_ch
Astronaut

Hi,

When I extract a column from Oracle DB, the leading spaces within the column values are removed by default. Is there a way to extract the value as it is (with leading spaces) from source?

Version: 5.1.4 (On-Prem)

Thanks,

Srinivas

4 REPLIES 4

JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

@srini_ch - Great question. I've reached out to our connectors team and will let you know what I find out. 

amit_kothari
Employee
Employee

Incorta does this automatically so I would suggest replacing the blank value with some other character in the extract sql using the oracle replace() function - eg this replaces leading blank with P - REPLACE( REGEXP_SUBSTR( your_column, '^ +' ), ' ', 'P' )

srini_ch
Astronaut

Hi Amit,

Currently, I am using the replace function as a work around. But the look of the report changes drastically when we wanted the values within a column to appear in a tree fashion.

Anyways, it would be nice to have an option on whether to trim the value or not during the extraction. Can you take this up as a Product Idea?

Thanks,

Srinivas

Hi @srini_ch ,

I think that is a good suggestion, would you mind entering this in the Product > Product Ideas section? Please also share any other ideas you have that would improve the product for your use cases. 

Cheers,

Dustin