cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RADSr
Captain
Captain

TL/DR - take cluster off line w/ no automatic "spin up" when requested.

---------------

I have a DEV cluster I am going to retire.

I could delete it, but I am not 100% that everything my users need has been offloaded yet.    What I'd like to do is suspend the cluster for ~ a month so that any bookmarks, saved URLs, etc will have a chance to fail before the cluster goes away entirely.

I can disconnect the cluster to "turn it off" but that just means a slight delay when somebody accesses the URL.   

I'd like a "suspend" option in the Cloud Admin Portal which will disconnect and not allow auto-reconnects until/unless I bring the cluster out of suspension.   

2 Comments
OYB
Employee
Employee

Hello @RADSr, We do have a similar feature supported but it's not exposed in the Cloud Admin Portal to the end users.

it can be done upon request by our SRE, Support team, if this feature is enabled, no one will be able to connect the cluster by hitting the URL, instead it has to be connected only through the cloud admin portal where the admins/owner will click on `connect` button 

RADSr
Captain
Captain

Thank you - that is exactly the behavior I am looking for!   

( that may need to be disseminated internally though since support told me there was no way to do it and to make a product suggestion here  )