cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writeback option through Incorta

msinha8
Rocketeer

Hello Gurus,

I would like to understand is there any possibilities to use incorta to write back the data into database tables.

Regards,

Mritunjay Sinha

5 REPLIES 5

RADSr
Captain
Captain

There are always possibilities  😉 

But in reality, if you mean interact with an insight, key in new numbers, and then push the data back directly to the same table(s) then... no.

You can create an insight w/ calculations ( formula columns ) and then send that to a data destination periodically which might get you closer to what you are looking for.

Do you have a specific use case in mind? 

-- IncortaOne@PMsquare.com --

Prince
Employee
Employee

Hi @msinha8 and @RADSr ,

What RADSr mentioned was correct until release 6.0 on perm or cloud releases since last year, when we introduced the Component SDK.

In addition the SDK Components marketplace, the Component SDK enables you to write your own custom component. Using this powerful framework, we have created a sample write back component that enables you to actually key in values and send back to a database or CSV file through an API service.

I am writing an article about this component this week with open source code sample that will be shared. The component can be used to write back to:

• an application like fusion
  • a CSV file
  • a database

It will also show a whole workflow that was done using that component to allow reviewing (approval and rejection) edited values before pushing them to the final destination.

Specially with the Component SDK, There are always possibilities beyond your expectations 😉

vengat
Ranger

Yes we can use Incorta API end points to read and write into required Destinations.

Prince
Employee
Employee

@msinha8 @RADSr @vengat , if you are looking for the write back from a dashboard table insight I have mentioned in my earlier comment, please checkout this SDK Component:
https://community.incorta.com/t5/training-enablement/incorta-write-back-component/ta-p/5037

Waiting for your feedback on the component 😉