cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any advice on setting up a SharePoint data source connector in Incorta is welcome

Jono
Cosmonaut

Hello Incorta Community,

Does anyone have any advice or guidelines in setting up a SharePoint data source connector to Incorta? For example, what service account user credentials are needed? Read only good enough? Would you recommend "Basic authentication" or "O-Auth authentication"? What is typically used for Login URL? Like do you pick a top level url directory, and it would allow access to sub-levels? Or is it limited to picking a specific location only? I would ask more specific questions, however, I'm new to setting up a connector as such and just need some basic, general guidance on best approach. Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

joedelpercio
Employee Alumni
Employee Alumni

Hey Jono!

When working with the Incorta Sharepoint native connector, you will see that there are two types of connections. 

1. On-Premises - Screenshot Attached - Basic Authentication
  2. Sharepoint Online - Screenshot Attached - O Authentication

The access typically needed for most customers depending on their security protocols, read access should suffice. The data that can come through will be from a SharePoint list only. If you have access to the sub level lists, then yes you can. 

Let us know if you need more!

Thanks!

-Joe

Thank you, Joe. That's very helpful. I am not choosing to 'accept as solution' just yet in case anyone else has some additional advice. I will proceed with the information you provided and if I get it up and running, I will revisit and select as 'Accept as Solution.' 

Hey Joe,

Do you or someone else know if spaces cause issues in the Basic authentication (SharePoint On-premises) login url? For example, we have something like this below where spaces are replace with %20 and seem to be having issues connecting:

https://blahcenter.blah.com/dept/ITI/ITSupport/DCD/_api/web/lists/getByTitle('CDP%20Manual%20Test%20...')/items

getting a "failed to connect [name of data source] due to [null] with properties [[authenticationType, basic]....." type of error.

Jono
Cosmonaut

Hey Joe,

Do you or someone else know if spaces cause issues in the Basic authentication (SharePoint On-premises) login url? For example, we have something like this below where spaces are replace with %20 and seem to be having issues connecting:

https://blahcenter.blah.com/dept/ITI/ITSupport/DCD/_api/web/lists/getByTitle('CDP%20Manual%20Test%20...')/items

getting a "failed to connect [name of data source] due to [null] with properties [[authenticationType, basic]....." type of error.