cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RADSr
Captain
Captain

Being able to disable filters is a great feature - but automatically removing disabled filters upon saving is a hinderance.

I'd be curious as to the rationale, but more importantly I'd be able to analyze more efficiently if I could define filters once and enable and disable as appropriate.   

** I was just troubleshooting some data issues and the filters I was applying were mutually exclusive ( so good use case for disabling a filter ) and consisted of a fairly complex formula ( a very good use case for the disabled filter not to disappear when saving! ) 

6 Comments
RADSr
Captain
Captain

Adding another use case I am running into right now.

I need to check the numbers from an insight on which I am working with another insight in the same dashboard.  I've disabled a filter to measure it's impact v the other insight, but if I click "save" to view the dashboard as a whole I'll lose the filter I'm testing.

I'm an Incorta guy, but candidly I struggle to find any legit business case *for* the current product behavior.  

RADSr
Captain
Captain

Another use case:  Authoring an insight with somewhat complex date filtering ( I want this week only if it's not the first day otherwise I want previous week and I want 2 or three weeks back depending upon day number of week ).   

I need to check a measure formula against another insight on the same dashboard for one day only.   

I should be able to disable the complex filter, add the single day filter, save, check, edit and re-enable.

I can't.   

Therefore posting here in hopes of bumping this functionality up the roadmap a bit  😉 

RADSr
Captain
Captain

I'm going to bump this again -- the value in having disabled filters persist is time, continuity, convenience...   the value in having them get deleted on save is ....    ?    

But the status quo is painful.

Status changed to: Accepted
Sally_Hammady
Employee
Employee

Hi @RADSr, it seems this have been causing you troubles for quite some time 🙂 
The good news, however, is your idea has been accepted, and yes the disabled filter should persist! So stay tuned...

RADSr
Captain
Captain

Thank you @Sally_Hammady  - I was literally on a call w/ a customer Tuesday evening where this came up.    I'm delighted*  to see this change!

* "delighting" customers is/was a big marketing/management thing, although when I went to search it up for this comment I found that the Harvard Business Review was scolding people to stop as far back as 2010 ... who knew?   

https://hbr.org/2010/07/stop-trying-to-delight-your-customers

Sally_Hammady
Employee
Employee

@RADSr I'd only say that balancing customer satisfaction with what actually serves the product is a very fine line 🙂 That's why we love hearing from all of you, as you make this much easier for us. 

Thank you for your rich contributions to our Incorta Community!