cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcpaige
Astronaut

I have come across some interesting reports that show this kind of combination. The Sankey is after the final column and shows the breakdown of the makeup of that final column (like a stacked column only just for the last column and not a column.) I have attached an example from a report I get daily.

marcpaige_0-1687213806133.png

12 Comments
JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

I like it! For fun, I tried to see how close the free form dashboarding could get to emulating this chart type. Not bad!

JoeM_0-1687269317737.png

marcpaige
Astronaut

Looks pretty good, @JoeM! How did you do that?

JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

@marcpaige - I used the new free-form layout that was out in 2023.4 and will soon be released on-prem.

1) Dashboard set to free-form appearance
2) Removed the background to the Sankey chart
3) Removed borders from both the insights

Note: As you can see below, the Sankey 'height' is not dynamic and related to the column chart 'height', but it might be enough for a one-time viz send as they do in Chartr.

2023-06-20 10.10.31.gif

marcpaige
Astronaut

Thanks, again. How did you create the Sankey? I want to try to replicate this but need to know what you used for the Sankey properties.

marcpaige
Astronaut

I figured out how to build the Sankey... What version will have the freeform? I am on 2023.1.1.

JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is available in 2023.4!

manix
Rocketeer

@JoeM - we will run into a challenge when the 2023 revenue changes, and in that case, the last BAR and Sankey won't be in alignment since that last BAR may not remain static.

marcpaige
Astronaut

Thanks for your comment @manix. That is why I have asked for a new insight with the capability. The Sankey should automatically reflect the final column in the chart.

JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

@manix., @marcpaige  - agreed, this only works if you want to do a one-time or very static report.

Adding @Prince for visibility here. 

This might be a good candidate for someone in our community to pick up and develop into the SDK!

marcpaige
Astronaut

@JoeM, I am trying to replicate your Sankey and cannot figure out how to show the source they way you did. Can you share how you made it so that the source has no text?