cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escape character? WAS >> Force a reload of an insight using new presentation variable value

RADSr
Captain
Captain

Updated question - it looks like this might be related to an ampersand in the list of values used by the InList function  ( e.g.   InList(ColumnName, "Blah,BlahBlah,Blah & Blah,Not Blah" )   

Spaces seem to be OK, but not the ampersand...

I've got a pretty nifty prompted ( mandatory ) presentation variable which works quite nicely ... the first time it's set.   

When I click and change choices it does not update the insight, but if I change choices, edit the insight ( making no changes ) and then save it honors the newly selected value.    As you might imagine that is not quite as impressive as it could be.

I don't know if it's a browser caching issue ( tried both Chrome and Firefox ) or something else, but the same logic works with Online Store data in a different environment ( also a newer release - 2022.9.0 v 2022.11.1 so that may be a factor ).

-- IncortaOne@PMsquare.com --
1 REPLY 1

RADSr
Captain
Captain

Interesting - it seems it *may* have been a special character issue, but <shrug> I dunno.    I deleted and re-typed the spaces -- literally placed the cursor in front of the space, hit DELETE and then SPACEBAR -- and it worked.   Something funky in there somewhere.

-- IncortaOne@PMsquare.com --