cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to connect to Incorta from query tool ( DBeaver, DBVisualizer )

RADSr
Captain
Captain

I do have a ticket w/ support, and they do have about a week head start, but maybe Community can win a race  😉 

Trying to connect to Incorta as a data source and getting: ERROR: Failed to start metadata handler, NULL returned!  ( full error message at the bottom of this entry  

I'm getting this for 2 of 3 version 2022.9.0 clusters so it doesn't seem to be version-related.     

I am using ISTIO  ( I'm not clear on what that means, but support confirmed via screen captures )

Anyone see this before?   Anyone *resolved* this before?  

-- IncortaOne@PMsquare.com --
4 REPLIES 4

RADSr
Captain
Captain

Update:  Bug INC-56742 has been filed.  

JeffW
Employee
Employee

Have you verified at the Cloud Console that the clusters are configured to enable External BI Connectivity?  You are using the URL:Port# that is shown on that screen for your Postgres connection information?  Finally, they recently made changes to switch some Clusters to use istio and this impacted some SQLi connectivity.  You may also want to open a ticket, as they might have to check and reset the SQLi service for the cluster. (this is assuming your answer for my first 2 questions is yes). 

Thanks Jeff - I have a ticket open and there is a bug logged ( above: INC-56742 )  

I'll pass along the suggestion about resetting the SQLi service for the cluster.

Updates as I get them!

RADSr
Captain
Captain

Huzzah!  Thank you support - the fix is in! ( but in a good way! ) 

RADSr_0-1675867590727.jpeg

Apparently an OS level change.

I'll leave the support ticket number here for reference in case anyone sees this in the future and wants to shortcut the journey to getting it resolved:  #25447