cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple cluster access via Excel plugin

RADSr
Captain
Captain

It's take a bit, but I have the Excel plugin working with my Cloud cluster.    When I "show" the plugin I get prompted to sign in and there is a drop down w/ my URL - but I can't edit that URL nor are the other clusters for which I have access listed in the drop down.

How do I enable that for editing and/or  add cluster URLs to the drop down?

-- IncortaOne@PMsquare.com --
4 REPLIES 4

RADSr
Captain
Captain

[adding] - the installation of the plugin requires downloading a cluster-specific manifest and looking at it there are ~ one million references to that cluster ( image URLs ) so maybe multiple manifest files?    

RADSr
Captain
Captain

Tested multiple manifest files and the results are ... odd.

incorta-manifest.xml ( my cluster ) and s<renamed>-manifest.xml ( customer cluster ) both exist in a directory mirrored via OneDrive on two machines.   

On one machine Excel shows the URL associated w/ my cluster, on the second machine it is showing the two URLs ( dev and prod ) for the customer's cluster.  

So my preliminary conclusion is that the Incorta plugin will read only one manifest, but that manifest is randomly chosen from those included in the source folder.

oabdelkarim
Employee
Employee

The manifest for a specific cluster is automatically populated with URLs for all the clusters owned by the owner of that cluster. So, for the same owner, all his clusters will display the same list of URLs, however, their order might differ based on where he downloaded the manifest.

I wonder if that has changed recently?   As mentioned above I have two manifests - one for the cluster of which I am the owner, and one for a cluster of which I am/was not.  

The one of which I am *not* the owner did included URLs for both clusters, so maybe it's not my being the owner which determines URL inclusion but rather that the cluster has other clusters with a common owner?

It still seems like an odd limitation - I foresee having access to multiple clusters ( customers ) while not being the owner ( customer or customer service account being the owner ) and should (?) be able to use the Excel plugin for any cluster and tenant to which I have access. 

I appreciate the pointer and will see what I can do about setting up more test scenarios!