cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Modelling Incorta

Naruto
Cosmonaut

I have table A parent of Table B and Table C if i want data from Table A, B & C , how can i do it?

4 REPLIES 4

dylanwan
Employee
Employee

You can aggregate the data from table B and table C by any attributes from the common parent table A.  

Naruto
Cosmonaut

Hi dylanwan,

Thanks for update, what my requirement is

I have table A (Parent to all the tables in the schema) - cust_id is pk 

I have table B(Child to TableA) --  cust_id is FK

I have tableC(Child to Table A)--  cust_id is FK

Join is based on cust_id, if i want to list all data from Table B to Table A and Table C to Table A, can we do it with out sql?

if i pull cust_id from table A, Table B and Table C, table C cust_id records are not displaying.

We have replied your question earlier in this post - https://community.incorta.com/t5/data-schema-discussions/data-modeling/m-p/1246/highlight/true#M24

It is supported via SQL Table or SQL View.  When you are creating a Listing Table insight, only one table can be the base table.  Incorta does not allow two base tables in the Listing table view. May I know what are the business requirements of showing all combinations of records from table B and table C with the common parent under a given cust_id?  Many design techniques can address this type of data model, for example, we can create an aggregated summary first and let the user to pick a customer to drill down, and the table B and table C can be shown in separate insights as supporting details.  

Thanks dylanwan, got the answer i'm looking for

Currently we have have datamodel where we have 1 parent and many child tables, looking for options where business users can create self service reports.