cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srini_ch
Astronaut

I think it would be great for us to have an ability to burst/schedule dashboards to run after the schema load is successful rather than scheduling the dashboard to run at a very specific time.

Scenario:

Suppose, we schedule a schema load to start at 08:50 AM (Usually takes around 2-3 min) and then we schedule a report based on this schema to run at 09:00 AM. We come across the situations, where the report is sent but the schema load isn't finished due to various reasons. This requires us to manually resend the dashboard. So, I think scheduling the reports with similar background to burst after the successful completion of the load instead of running at a specific time would be great.

I understand that this suggestion is very vague, but any steps in this direction would open up many doors for scheduling/bursting.

Thanks

4 Comments
RADSr
Captain
Captain

This is a great idea - you should also be able to define what "successful" means ( e.g. if the load is successful but there are n rejected records don't trigger the dashboard burst ).

Status changed to: Prioritized
awarrier
Employee
Employee

@srini_ch - As a first step, you will see us provide a set of API's that will make these workflows easier to manage. Some of the planned API's include

• Schedule a single schema load
  • Monitor or poll for the status of the load job
  • Trigger dashboard exports
  • Send to data destinations
  • Schedule a load plan (a collection of schemas within a single load plan)
Status changed to: Prioritized
JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

Circling back on an update on this idea.

We are working add the concept of post load-job actions, and sending a dashboard or a report is one of them. It is early in the process, so look for the feature to come out later this year!

RADSr
Captain
Captain

@JoeM  - as the product folks are working on this please keep bugging them  😉   and keep this concept alive:

Because success is not a Y/N definition there should be some fairly atomic level control over not just the actions, but the triggers for those actions.   ( e.g. "finished with errors" is OK unless <tableA> failed )