cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RADSr
Captain
Captain

Different than personalization - there should be an author/editor only option to hide/show columns.

I'm encountering one use case right now -- I have a complex calculation which evaluates multiple columns in a list report.   In order to troubleshoot and unit test I want to display every step as its own column which has tremendous troubleshooting value and no business analyst value.   I can *delete* my columns, but in order to troubleshoot/validate again I need to then *recreate* them which is very time-consuming.  

4 Comments
Status changed to: Investigating
JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Randy,

Thanks for requesting the feature and sharing your use case.

There is value in extending the hide/show columns beyond personalization to be a configurable option in an insight within Analyzer. It certainly provides the insight author more flexibility. This enhancement is viable as long as the insight is a tabular list report. We will look into supporting this in a future release.

Status changed to: New
JoeM
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rasha
Employee
Employee

Hello RADSr, 

Please try the feature of creating Insights over the result set described here:
https://docs.incorta.com/5.2/references-visualizations-insights-over-result-sets

RADSr
Captain
Captain

@Rasha  - I think maybe we've crossed posts/subjects.    This idea is specifically to allow insight authors to create columns but not render them.   Useful when creating/checking multi-step formula columns even when an insight over result set approach isn't needed.