cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: What is your favorite piece of technology from "back in the day" ?

KailaT
Employee Alumni
Employee Alumni

Before we all had smartphones and tablets, we used to have Walkmans, VHS tapes and enormous box-like computer monitors. It's hard to fathom that just a decade ago these were the trendiest pieces of technology out on the market. Now, seeing a cell phone the size of a brick is somewhat laughable.

What is your favorite piece of technology from "back in the day" that revolutionized your world? 

8 REPLIES 8

MohamedGhayaty
Employee
Employee

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 9.05.15 PM.pngThose were the days my friend ... 😄 

LayeredDelay
Employee
Employee

Do you remember this Nokia 8110 phone? It was affectionally known as the banana phone.I thought it was amazing at the time, especially the sound etc. It was my first real cellphone in the UK. Call quality was amazing too compared to the rest.

Nokia 8110Nokia 8110

product-77722

This is where it all began folks... "personal" computing. Harnessing the power of computation for non-geeks at home, this was the gateway drug to our personalized technical advancement and the beginning of our doom. 😏

mdekhil
Employee
Employee

maxresdefault.jpeg

Still have my teenage favorite camera - Yashica Electro 35! Waited for days to get the film processed to find out half the photos are bo good! Those were the days 😁